Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shoe 7: Faithful Bootie

There is now no need to hop on the back of a motorcycle to live the dangerous life - you just have to throw on a pair Faithful Booties straight out of Alexander McQueen's ready to wear shoe collection.
These 4 and a 1/2 inch stilettos allow all the possible accidents of a motorcycle crash without leaving the ground.
These shoes can absolutely be called booties, but faithful? If it is meant as a 'I refuse to ever come off of your foot even when you fall' type of faithful then yes, they do indeed live up to their name.
With no disrespect meant to the late Alexander McQueen, these heels scream - 'I am too a rebel and I'll prove it!' I'll prove it by dropping over $1000 on a pair of leather shoes that I'll probably only wear once just to prove to the man I'm trying to attract that a good girl can be bad - on occasion...
What do you think? Are leather jackets meant to be worn as shoes?
ANM

Shoe Information:
Designer - Alexander McQueen
Price - $1,155.00
Heel Height - 4 1/2 inches
Website - http://www.alexandermcqueen.com

1 comments:

Lizz said...

Well...I don't think Alexander McQueen was ever known for practical clothing. And while I certainly wouldn't blow the price of a college class on a single pair of shoes, this is one of the more brilliant designs that I've seen. I didn't realize until you mentioned it that the show is, indeed, a little leather jacket with a heel. I love it; it's genius! But no, I wouldn't wear it unless I was a mannequin and my only job was to stand and look pretty.

Post a Comment